War and Peace:
The Nodes in Libra and Aries
Sunday, March 23, 2014
FEATURED HOUSE: 1st
In February 2014, the Nodes shift into Libra and Aries, where they will reside until November 2015- a full 18 months. The Node’s time in this pair of signs designates, for individuals, a period of personal evolution and karmic rebalancing, with plenty of implications for the larger world, as well. This year and a half long eclipse cycle intersects directly with the ongoing Uranus Pluto squares, promising a variety of dramatic results.
We’ll look at Nodes’ effect on both personal and collective, with lenses borrowed from traditional astrology, contemporary evolutionary astrology and Vedic astrology.
Austin R. Coppock is an astrological consultant and the current president of the AYA (Association for Young Astrologers). Austin has written extensively on astrology, including hundreds of columns, dozens of articles, and Astrological Almanacs for 2011-2014. He has been featured in the Mountain Astrologer as well as the CLAVIS Journal. Furthermore, his work on the decans, The Thirty Six Faces, will be published by Three Hands Press in early 2014. Austin’s approach to astrology is rooted in tradition, yet open to contemporary developments. His work encompasses the critical and often ignored overlap between astrology and magical traditions, such as Hermeticism. Contact Austin at [email protected] or visit his website at austincoppock.com.
* In 2014, each meeting will have a featured house for attendee introductions. So, besides your name, you can share (if you like) what planets you have in the house of the month, the sign(s), and anything else of interest in the house. Since we have this valuable tool, it’s a fun way to get to know one another at a deeper level.
Pre-registration price: $15 NCGR members, $25 non-members (available through March 16, 2014)
Price at the door: $20 NCGR members, $30 non-members
Join us for dinner afterwards with Austin at a local restaurant (exact location to be determined).
Pre-registgration is closed for this event. Seats are still available at the door.
Preregistration is important for this event, as space is limited.
- Preregistration with prepayment must be received one week prior to the event. After that, only the pay at the door price is available, space permitting. Contact us at [email protected] for updates on seats available. You may also pay by check made out to NCGR-Sacramento Area. Mail to 2351 Sunset Blvd., Suite 170-404, Rocklin, CA 95765. Your check must be received no later than Saturday, one week before the event.
Refund Policy for Lectures/Workshops
- There will be NO CASH REFUNDS offered for workshop or lecture preregistrations
- If the leadership team is advised at least 24 hours prior to the event that a registrant will not be able to attend the event, the registrant will be offered the choice of transferring the payment to one of these options: (a) a future NCGR Sacramento Area event; OR, (b) membership in NCGR Sacramento Area
- Please notify us at [email protected] if you will be unable to attend. The email stamp will be used to determine the time of notification. If you are unable to notify us by email, please call (916)276-1858.
The Reserves at the Galleria Clubhouse 501 Gibson Drive, Roseville, CA E-mail [email protected] for Gate Entry Code and More Details Important Parking Information Because The Reserves at the Galleria is a gated community, we do not publish the gate code publicly. Please email us for that information: [email protected]. There are only a few guest parking spots the complex, but there are plenty of parking spaces right across the street. Here are pictures and instructions. More information about our meetings. ~~~