Linea Van Horn
Blinded by the Light
Planets Conjunct the Sun
Sunday, August 24, 2014
FEATURED HOUSE: 6th
Of the hundreds of planetary aspects we astrologers use every day, there is only one which renders a planet invisible: a conjunction with the Sun. Despite the frequency with which this occurs, there is disagreement about how to interpret it. Does visibility matter? Traditional astrologers certainly thought so: modern astrologers, not so much. Join Linea in a fascinating exploration of “combustion,” as this position was traditionally called. Both classical and modern views will be explained, as well as the psychological expression and resolution for this common chart condition. Workshop includes a much deeper look, including techniques from other traditions, a more thorough discussion of astronomy and related mechanics, plus descriptions and chart examples for each planet.
Linea Van Horn is the Astrologer-at-Large – a professional astrological teacher, counselor, mentor and networker based in San Francisco, her home of 40 years. She is certified through NCGR-PAA and has studied astrology for more than 25 years, all the while raising three wonderful children. A full-time professional astrologer since 1998, she is the founder and president of the thriving San Francisco Astrological Society and serves as vice president and education director of NCGR’s San Francisco chapter. Linea is on the NCGR Board of Examiners and served on the NCGR National Board in 2008. She was employed as the manager of astrological information at Astrology.com from 1998 to 2005 and as the content manager for The Astrologer, Inc., an online content provider, from 2005 to 2009. Linea currently devotes herself full time to teaching and mentoring, counseling, writing, consulting, and blogging. She can be reached at [email protected].
* In 2014, each meeting will have a featured house for attendee introductions. So, besides your name, you can share (if you like) what planets you have in the house of the month, the sign(s), and anything else of interest in the house. Since we have this valuable tool, it’s a fun way to get to know one another at a deeper level.
Pre-registration price: $15 NCGR members, $25 non-members (available through August 17, 2014)
Price at the door: $20 NCGR members, $30 non-members
Join us for dinner afterwards with Linea at a local restaurant (exact location to be determined).
Early-bird registration is closed for this event, however seats are still available at the door.
We hope to see you there!
Preregistration is important for this event, as space is limited.
- Preregistration with prepayment must be received one week prior to the event. After that, only the pay at the door price is available, space permitting. Contact us at [email protected] for updates on seats available. You may also pay by check made out to NCGR-Sacramento Area. Mail to 2351 Sunset Blvd., Suite 170-404, Rocklin, CA 95765. Your check must be received no later than Saturday, one week before the event.
Refund Policy for Lectures/Workshops
- There will be NO CASH REFUNDS offered for workshop or lecture preregistrations
- If the leadership team is advised at least 24 hours prior to the event that a registrant will not be able to attend the event, the registrant will be offered the choice of transferring the payment to one of these options: (a) a future NCGR Sacramento Area event; OR, (b) membership in NCGR Sacramento Area
- Please notify us at [email protected] if you will be unable to attend. The email stamp will be used to determine the time of notification. If you are unable to notify us by email, please call (916)276-1858.
The Reserves at the Galleria Clubhouse 501 Gibson Drive, Roseville, CA E-mail [email protected] for Gate Entry Code and More Details Important Parking Information Because The Reserves at the Galleria is a gated community, we do not publish the gate code publicly. Please email us for that information: [email protected]. There are only a few guest parking spots the complex, but there are plenty of parking spaces right across the street. Here are pictures and instructions. More information about our meetings. ~~~