Emotional Dimensions in Astrology:
How to Find the Feeling Realm in the Chart
AND CHART INTERPRETATION
Sunday, Jan. 25, 2015, 1:00 – 3:30 pm
FEATURED PLANET*: Uranus
Giving honor to our feelings is the ﬁrst step on the path of soul development – along with acknowledging the frailty of our human condition. It is also the whole reason why we are here on earth. Fourth harmonic aspects in the chart reveal to us our emotional complexes that we must work through in order to return back to the divine. Even the driest scientiﬁc Asberger’s case is required to face deep emotional dimensions which are clearly visible in the chart.
Beginning with the theory that the Moon nodal axis reveals our ﬁrst basic feeling realm in life, suggesting the conditions under which we are (often just barely) comfortable on this earth, a case is built with celebrity horoscopes about the depth of our emotions, and our propensity to ignore or deny them. Western civilization has taught us that worldly success is everything, and feelings are nothing. Time for an “about-face” as we take the time to explore the signiﬁcance behind conjunctions, squares, and oppositions.
Barbara Ybarra is a long time student of astrology and a graduate of the rigorous Noel Tyl master’s course in astrology. She currently lives in Auburn, Ca., with her husband of 36 years. Together they raised three children in Tahoe City, Ca., and now have 5 grandchildren. She worked many years as a travel agent and traveled at every opportunity (Jupiter, Sagittarius, and 9th house emphasis). Recently she returned to school and obtained a BA in Social Science, and is now working on an astrology book on the emotional dimensions in astrology.
Following the presentation on Emotional Dimensions in Astrology, we’ll be looking at the chart of one of our members. Join our mailing list to receive more chart details.
IMPORTANT! Chart Interpretation Guidelines. Thank you for becoming familiar with the attached Guidelines for Chart Interpretation Meetings. It is extremely important, especially when looking at personal charts in a group, that we create an atmosphere of safety and non-judgment in helping others learn more about their astrological map. Another key concept is that the owner of the chart is the ultimate authority on what resonates to him or her. These concepts will “go without saying” for many of us, but we’re a group open to the public and individuals vary in their sensitivity to these issues. Thank you for reading the guidelines and following them.
About Chart Interpretation Meetings: Mastery of chart reading skills is where the rubber hits the road, transferring theory to practice in astrology. The Leadership Team feels this type of meeting serves many purposes:
- Sharpen our skills on what’s important in a chart reading
- Increase our chart synthesis skills
- Increase confidence in our interpretations
- Enjoy the support of others at all ends of the learning spectrum on chart reading in an environment of non-judgment and encouragement
- Get live practice or be the live recipient of pooled astrological knowledge
Here’s how it works: Each chart interpretation meeting in 2015 (Jan. 25, March 22, June 28, and Aug. 23) we’ll read a personal chart. Personal chart readings will be limited to people on the NCGR-SAA mailing list. We will limit it to one reading a year per person unless there are unused slots. E-mail us if you would like to have your chart read in the group during a meeting. NOTE: Personal reading slots fill up quickly. But, submit your names to be on the waiting list in case we do a second personal reading at any of the chart interpretation meetings, or if the first individual scheduled cancels.
Other notes: We may also substitute a special guest for one or more of these Chart Interpretation meetings, if the opportunity presents itself.
Pre-registration price: $5 NCGR members, $15 non-members (available through January 18)
Price at the door: $10 NCGR members, $20 non-members
Join us for dinner afterwards at a local restaurant.
Advanced registration is closed for this event. Seats are available at the door.
Preregistration is important for this event, as space is limited.
- Preregistration with prepayment must be received one week prior to the event. After that, only the pay at the door price is available, space permitting. Contact us at [email protected] for updates on seats available. You may also pay by check made out to NCGR-Sacramento Area. Mail to 2351 Sunset Blvd., Suite 170-404, Rocklin, CA 95765. Your check must be received no later than Saturday, one week before the event.
Refund Policy for Lectures/Workshops
- There will be NO CASH REFUNDS offered for workshop or lecture preregistrations
- If the leadership team is advised at least 24 hours prior to the event that a registrant will not be able to attend the event, the registrant will be offered the choice of transferring the payment to one of these options: (a) a future NCGR Sacramento Area event; OR, (b) membership in NCGR Sacramento Area
- Please notify us at [email protected] if you will be unable to attend. The email stamp will be used to determine the time of notification. If you are unable to notify us by email, please call (916)276-1858.
Important Parking Information
Because The Reserves at the Galleria is a gated community, we do not publish the gate code publicly. Please email us for that information: [email protected]. There are only a few guest parking spots the complex, but there are plenty of parking spaces right across the street. Here are pictures and instructions.