Enneagram and the Yugas:
Three Maps to Conscious Living
AND CHART INTERPRETATION
Sunday, August 23, 2015, 1:00 – 4:00 pm
FEATURED PLANET*: Mercury
Almost everyone is familiar with Astrology. It is an individual life map based on the solar system at the time we are born. Less familiar to many, but of growing popularity and importance, is the Enneagram of Personality. This talk will explain the Enneagram in basic terms and show how it works, along with a review of some Vedic astrological principles.
Enneagram on the simplest of levels is a technique used for personality typing. But it also contains ancient wisdom that can unlock sacred spiritual doors. We will explore the connection between Vedic Astrology and the Enneagram of Personality and show the value of living deeper more conscious lives. Astrology and Enneagram both discuss our personality stories that are expressive of the age we live in. But some believe that our age has changed and we will discuss the “Procession of the Equinox” and another map from ancient India called the Yugas and show our belief that Kali Yuga (the material age) has ended. We are experiencing the breakdown and dissolving of societal forms and structures that are not serving us and we can see how the energy age, Dwapara Yuga, is affecting our changing society. Acts of awakening are spontaneously happening all over our planet. The talk will offer explanations for why and offer much to ponder.
Indra Rinzler has been a student and devote on the spiritual path for more than 40 years. He also began studying astrology in the early 1970’s, first Western, reading Dane Rudhyar and then later Vedic Astrology from India. In 1999 he was introduced to the Enneagram and began a deep exploration of the subject. He was lucky enough to met and study with Dr. Curtis Blair who has perhaps the world’s only workable system for explaining the relationship between the two disciplines. Indra spent the next twelve years in reflective study as he traveled the world for business and pleasure. Now settled back in the US after fifty six countries of travel, he delights in sharing the wisdom and insight he has been honored to have received through his astrology and enneagram readings and talks like this one. For Life Readings or more information, contact him at www.indrarinzler.com.
Following the Experiential Astrology Workshop, we’ll be looking at the chart of one of our group. Join our mailing list to receive more chart details.
IMPORTANT! Chart Interpretation Guidelines. Thank you for becoming familiar with the attached Guidelines for Chart Interpretation Meetings. It is extremely important, especially when looking at personal charts in a group, that we create an atmosphere of safety and non-judgment in helping others learn more about their astrological map. Another key concept is that the owner of the chart is the ultimate authority on what resonates to him or her. These concepts will “go without saying” for many of us, but we’re a group open to the public and individuals vary in their sensitivity to these issues. Thank you for reading the guidelines and following them.
About Chart Interpretation Meetings: Mastery of chart reading skills is where the rubber hits the road, transferring theory to practice in astrology. The Leadership Team feels this type of meeting serves many purposes:
- Sharpen our skills on what’s important in a chart reading
- Increase our chart synthesis skills
- Increase confidence in our interpretations
- Enjoy the support of others at all ends of the learning spectrum on chart reading in an environment of non-judgment and encouragement
- Get live practice or be the live recipient of pooled astrological knowledge
Here’s how it works: Each chart interpretation meeting in 2015 (Jan. 25, March 22, June 28, and Aug. 23) we’ll read a personal chart. Personal chart readings will be limited to people on the NCGR-SAA mailing list. We will limit it to one reading a year per person unless there are unused slots. E-mail us if you would like to have your chart read in the group during a meeting. NOTE: Personal reading slots fill up quickly. But, submit your names to be on the waiting list in case we do a second personal reading at any of the chart interpretation meetings, or if the first individual scheduled cancels.
Other notes: We may also substitute a special guest for one or more of these Chart Interpretation meetings, if the opportunity presents itself.
Pre-registration price: $5 NCGR members, $15 non-members
Price at the door: $10 NCGR members, $20 non-members
Join us for dinner afterwards at a local restaurant.
Preregistration is closed for this event. Seats are available at the door. We hope to see you there!
- Preregistration with prepayment must be received one week prior to the event. After that, only the pay at the door price is available, space permitting. Contact us at [email protected] for updates on seats available. You may also pay by check made out to NCGR-Sacramento Area. Mail to 2351 Sunset Blvd., Suite 170-404, Rocklin, CA 95765. Your check must be received no later than Saturday, one week before the event.
Refund Policy for Lectures/Workshops
- There will be NO CASH REFUNDS offered for workshop or lecture preregistrations
- If the leadership team is advised at least 24 hours prior to the event that a registrant will not be able to attend the event, the registrant will be offered the choice of transferring the payment to one of these options: (a) a future NCGR Sacramento Area event; OR, (b) membership in NCGR Sacramento Area
- Please notify us at [email protected] if you will be unable to attend. The email stamp will be used to determine the time of notification. If you are unable to notify us by email, please call (916)276-1858.
Important Parking Information
Because The Reserves at the Galleria is a gated community, we do not publish the gate code publicly. Please email us for that information: [email protected]. There are only a few guest parking spots the complex, but there are plenty of parking spaces right across the street.