Quincunx / Inconjunct
& Lots of Fortune and Spirit
Sunday, August 25, 2013
FEATURED SIGN: Virgo*
In honor of Hermes (aka Mercury) and his ingress into the Virgin (aka Virgo) we present a fresh investigation into two disparate facets of the astrological system, the first being the quincunx/inconjunct aspect and the second being the Lots (aka Parts) of Fortune and Spirit.
The Quincunx and Inconjunct Aspects: What to Do When You Can’t Get the Job Done by Yourself!
All of the major aspects in your horoscope ideally find resolution through give-and-take, negotiation and the recognition and appreciation of common ground – sextiles share a common gender, squares share modalities, trines partake of the same element and oppositions share gender and modalities. But what do you do when you encounter the quincunx and its sibling the inconjunct in your chart? These minor major or major minor (with apologies to Catch-22!) aspects share absolutely nothing in common! How do you find common ground where there is no common ground? This talk explores the history and original perception of the modern quincunx/inconjunct aspect, which reveals the resolution (coming from an unexpected corner of astrology) to this vexing paradox!
The Lots of Fortune and Spirit: 10 Things You Should Know About These Ancient Metaphysical Points in the Horoscope
This talk gives an overview of the astrological Lots of Fortune and Spirit, perhaps in the first case more familiarly known as the Part of Fortune. What are these points anyway? What do they mean? As ancient points, do they have any relevance to the modern world? And if so, how can they be interpreted and used in modern astrological interpretation? We’ll answer these questions and more, with the goal of deepening your understanding and forever changing your perception of these essential, fundamental features of the horoscope.
Douglas Noblehorse has been studying and practicing astrology for over 45 years. Initially finding inspiration in Rudhyar’s Humanistic astrology that was popularized during the 70s and 80s, he began a study of ancient Hellenistic astrology in 2006 – and was delighted to find unmistakable connections to modern astrology! Originally from Washington State and currently living in Phoenix, Arizona he gives readings, lectures for organizations and at conferences (i.e. UAC 2012), teaches classes, and writes on various aspects of Astrology. Doug also serves on the Arizona Society of Astrologers as their Education Director and Webmaster. Doug’s website is Hermes Half Hour at www.hermeshalfhour.com
* In 2013, each meeting will have a featured sign for attendee introductions. So, besides your name, you can share (if you like) what planets you have in the planet of the month, what house it falls in and any major aspects. Since we have this valuable tool, it’s a fun way to get to know one another at a deeper level.
Pre-registration price: $20 NCGR members, $30 non-members (available through August 18, 2013)
Price at the door: $25 NCGR members, $35 non-members
Join us for dinner afterwards with Doug at a local restaurant (exact location to be determined).
ADVANCED REGISTRATION is closed for this event, seats are still available at the door.
Preregistration is important for this event, as space is limited.
- Preregistration with prepayment must be received one week prior to the event. After that, only the pay at the door price is available, space permitting. Contact us at [email protected] for updates on seats available. You may also pay by check made out to NCGR-Sacramento Area. Mail to 2351 Sunset Blvd., Suite 170-404, Rocklin, CA 95765. Your check must be received no later than Saturday, one week before the event.
Refund Policy for Lectures/Workshops
- There will be NO CASH REFUNDS offered for workshop or lecture preregistrations
- If the leadership team is advised at least 24 hours prior to the event that a registrant will not be able to attend the event, the registrant will be offered the choice of transferring the payment to one of these options: (a) a future NCGR Sacramento Area event; OR, (b) membership in NCGR Sacramento Area
- Please notify us at [email protected] if you will be unable to attend. The email stamp will be used to determine the time of notification. If you are unable to notify us by email, please call (916)276-1858.
The Reserves at the Galleria Clubhouse 501 Gibson Drive, Roseville, CA E-mail [email protected] for Gate Entry Code and More Details Important Parking Information Because The Reserves at the Galleria is a gated community, we do not publish the gate code publicly. Please email us for that information: [email protected]. There are only a few guest parking spots the complex, but there are plenty of parking spaces right across the street. Here are pictures and instructions. More information about our meetings. ~~~